Some things:

My photo
I paint small metal and plastic figures and rarely get to play with them. But that is fine with me.

10 October 2023

You are Cleared for Landing (part 2 - Airfield Barracks, done)

 Found myself with a little time for hobby this past weekend so I constructed the final pair of Airfield Barracks buildings (See last post) in my collection and slapped some paint on the foursome. Simple paint jobs just so they are ready to be put down on the game table, but from 3 feet they look good enough to me.

Again, these are mdf kits produced by Father and Son Gaming out of Wisconsin, USA and I think they look very nice once done. Just like the initial two, construction was simple with decent instructions as reference from their website.

I find that I can only muster energy enough for "ample" painting effort for terrain pieces, though I may come back at a later date to add some weathering to these things as time allows.

The two newest prior to painting their greys and wooden areas.

All four for your perusal. They'll provide a nice bunch of blocking terrain on the tabletop.

Allied Bombadier's Eye-View prior to unleashing explosive hell.

A small post. Not sure when I'll be able to get more painting in, but I've also constructed the airtraffic control building as well as a small out building from the same Airfield terrain set so they'll get some paint after I get the aforementioned Guard Hut done (Crazy lines have begun to be penciled in.). I still have two radar dishes to put together for this terrain set as well as to fix a Freya radar that was very flimsy and difficult to construct without breaking pieces. 

Once all these efforts with terrain are over with, I'll be redirecting my hobby efforts back to miniature-painting. Which minis will be dependent on what details come out for a future WW2 Bolt Action event that is being organised in my area for the new year. 

Hope all are well out there!


- Dai

16 comments:

  1. They look really interesting, but getting four of them ready in a row is quite a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber! They should look pretty good on the tabletop too if my plans go accordingly.

      Delete
  2. Very nice too Dai. Doing any planes to go on the airfield?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers JBM! I have a German plane in mid-construction for this project. Should prove to be good blocking terrain.

      Delete
  3. They look great Dai…….radar stations are a good idea and I could do with one ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt! Yeah, I like the idea of an airfield to fight over in general. Makes for a classic WW2-type objective I think

      Delete
  4. Great work on the buildings Dai, they look effective in the base colours already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate that Dave. I think from an arm's distance they'll do okay. Extra details can be done at a later date.

      Delete
  5. Having a little time is better than having none! Fine looking barracks. Reminds me of Gomer Pyle USMC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOF.... There's a film to recall. LOL Cheers Jon!

      Delete
  6. Top stuff, Dai. I take it they're 28mm scale..? In which case what a fantastic footprint four of them will be on a tabletop top. I'd have thought they'd be excellent for 02 Hundred Hours as well - not sure if you've played that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, 28mm indeed! Not wrong on the space they'll take up - the original set came with only two but for that very reason I added another pair.
      Heard of 02-Hundred Hours, but have yet to buy into it. I am interested though.

      Delete
  7. Great looking quartet of Nissan huts, a little time is better than none!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Hoping to get some more work done soon. We'll see. Thanks Iain!

      Delete