Some things:

My photo
I paint small metal and plastic figures and rarely get to play with them. But that is fine with me.

07 June 2021

Half a man

 As a break from the “English Uniform” monotony of painting the remaining commandos in my pile, I grabbed this diminutive fellow from my fantasy pile - a Redboxgames halfling. I’ve never painted a halfling before and he was done pretty swiftly. 

I’ve named him after my good friend Rob’s famous halfling npc character from roleplay games 15+ years ago Quinn. A pesky little shit who’s hijinks were always making the players jobs harder, but he was damned hilarious for it. 




Hope to have more WW2 Commandos done this week and maybe get a start on my Canadian regulars too.

Stay safe and well out there!

-Dai

9 comments:

  1. Very good work and a welcome respite from painting English Uniform all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon. Best part is that I got the monotonous uniformed brits done too after this fellow!

      Delete
  2. Great looking break model Dai, even better is the story behind the name, role play can give some very entertaining stories, do miss my days of playing that ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dave! Have had my best and most memorable rpg moments in my life since playing with my current group. Might have to fish about for more minis to represent them!

      Delete
  3. Nice halfling, great story. Sometimes a break in a project is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much!
      Appreciate you stopping by the blog too!

      Delete
  4. Splendid looking halfling!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job! Though now I got that old STP song stuck in my head. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Hadn’t even occurred that song would pop up. Cheers mate

      Delete