Some things:

My photo
I paint small metal and plastic figures and rarely get to play with them. But that is fine with me.

07 June 2021

Dieppe Commandos (16 of 16 - Done!)

 Here are the last five of the commando miniatures for my initial Dieppe Landing army list so now my squads are complete and all I have left to finish up for this army is my ten-man squad of Canadian Regulars.

I’ll be sure to take a pic of the commando squads and put them up in my next post. 






Stuck some sergeant and corporal markings in there and even managed to get decent eyes painted on four out of five of them. 

And that’s it. In all honesty, I’m glad to see the end of all these brown uniforms.

As always, stay safe out there,

- Dai





15 comments:

  1. It’ll all pay off when they hit table in the glorious brown. Good job! 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes indeed. Hopefully on the table soon

      Delete
  2. Excellent work on finishing the unit Dai, and only 10 men to finish the force, is a good amount mate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, not too daunting a task considering.
      Cheers Dave

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you sir! Appreciate you stopping by the blog!

      Delete
  4. These look great Dai. Are they a mix of Foundry and Black Tree Design?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon! Yep, good eye - in the first pic the fellow at center is a Foundry sculpt, the rest being Black Tree Design.

      Delete
    2. Cheers they mix in quite nicely.

      Delete
  5. Splendid looking commandos!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its always a nice feeling when your seeing the finish line of a project, then you can start a new one! Great work on them Dai. I've still got lots of those brown uniforms to do for my own force, so you can chuckle as I work through mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! A quick palette cleanser interlude and I’ll get on with the last squad. Thanks Terry!

      Delete
  7. Lovely paint job Dai and the shoulder markings finish them off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat! Up close they aren't so special in all honesty, but from an arm's length they'll do!

      Delete