To finish out my second basic Quar Fidwog infantry squad, I slapped some paint on their Fynrydhad Squad Support Tractor. Same tiny kit as the previously painted version from the first squad, just a couple different items of stowage.
![]() |
| Bits of stowage from the bitsbox, painted in drab colours to contrast from the burgundy hull. Scrappy #2 painted to indicate which squad this tractor is assigned to. Purple skin on the driver, my fav to paint so far. |
![]() |
| I stuck a spare infantry backpack to the side of the turret to show the driver is planning for an extended period of service out in the field. |
And here it is with it's Squad #1 partner. Shame that the rules really don't work well with more than one of these at a time, but for Xenos Rampant I think I can make them work easily. (That is, when I find time to actually play.)
![]() |
| This new tractor needs a coat of flat varnish still though, so forgive the glare. |
And a pic to show off the completed second squad which also finishes off the Fidwog Infantry box. I've just some more Specialists, a Courier and Syrnol (Major) left to paint so VERY close to "Fully Painted" for this project which feels good.
![]() |
| I've been having issues with my cheap Light Box so today's post features some bad paint deskphotos, apologies. |
Last for this post I realised in my previous post I had missed highlighting one of the painted troops, my Anti-Tank Lancer! These guys lug about these explosive "Grafaenk Mk4 Lances" that they literally throw like javelins at armoured targets to destroy or disable them. Obviously the range on these things is mostly determined by the strength of the Quar that is throwing them, so one would have to get pretty up close and personal to be at all effective. Suffice to say, casualties amongst these Anti-Tank Specialists can be rather high...
![]() |
| Most consider Specialist Orven to have a "screw loose" and not just because he's tasked with the most dangerous task on the battlefield. He's always the one trooper in the regiment who seems to hunt down trouble, whether it's attempting to take down a Tokish Ailthean tractor head on or stepping up to the largest Quar in the Regiment just to prove who's toughest, it's almost as though Orven has a deat wish. |
![]() |
| Love the pack of "Lances" on his back. Kind of eager to paint up the second Lancer for my Fidwogs. |
That's it for now. Hoping to get another WW2 East Front house done when next I'm presented with a hobby opportunity to post about.
Hope all are well and safe out there,
- Dai








No comments:
Post a Comment