Some things:

My photo
I paint small metal and plastic figures and rarely get to play with them. But that is fine with me.

28 October 2018

Zomtober 2018! (Week 4 - the finale!)

I made the deadline! Well, PST... 

Last week of Zomtober and all involved have put out some stirling work. 

Seeing as my week 3 post was only done yesterday or something, I've had precious little time to get my week4 hobby progress finished up for posting. Well, it's done now.

This is Harper. He was a finances bloke who spent too much time on his phone telling his brokers to "Buy buy buy!" or "Sell you idiot!" and whilst on a particularly heated call whilst walking to his favourite overpriced coffee vendor, he inadvertently stormed right into the largest zombie herd in town. So he lost his face. And his stomach lining. How he kept his eyes... is anyone's guess. 

Thanks to all for the encouragement throughout this month!




Next up, some long  unloved commissions that I'm sick to death of being around.

24 comments:

  1. Just under the wire! Where I’m sitting it’s still Sunday evening!
    Nicely painted ; those big lidless eyes are great. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew! Is good to actually fulfill my pledge for the month for once.

      Delete
  2. Nice work on Harper, especially the gory face. Great stuff Dai. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. Has a certain "They Live" quality to it I think.

      Delete
  3. Awesome mate well done on squeezing another one in for the final entry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a hard fought finish considering Red Dead Redemption 2 was calling. LOL

      Thanks Simon.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic looking Zed, and great back story to it as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, I felt he looked too messed up to be "just another walker".

      Thanks Dave.

      Delete
  5. This one's particularly grisly - Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would be too if your face had been eaten off!

      Delete
  6. Great face work! That's one gruesome financier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moral to his story - watch where one is bloody going.

      Cheers.

      Delete
  7. I love the effect of the skin being ripped off the face. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really fun sculpt and demanded to be painted as my last offering for the month. Thanks Kieron.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. If a zombie's not gruesome, he's just part of the Herd. :)

      Cheers Terry.

      Delete
  9. Brilliant Dai! You've done a smashing job on that face - reminds me a bit of Red Skull 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Red Skull who didn't make it apparently. :)

      Thanks Ivor.

      Delete
  10. Gross! (but in a good way for zombies!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As they should be, right? :)

      Cheers mate.

      Delete
  11. He looks great! He'd stand out in a crowd for sure!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, not by choice were we to ask his living self.

      Cheers Iain.

      Delete
  12. I like the Red Skull look to him.

    ReplyDelete