Right now, my hobby room is in a mess as I am switching it all around so I'll be able to paint standing up. It's a pain in the rump, but it's coming along okay so far - I think. Needless to say, no painting has occurred since my last post.
Christmas was kind to me, with some new brushes, 28mm scale trees, Warlord Games Soviet Flame Thrower and Light Mortar teams, and the "Dragons Don't Share 2" set by Reaper Miniatures (Perfect terrain pieces for Frostgrave.). My family and I had a pleasant holidays in general and I've made my first proper "New Years Resolution" in a very long time - to lose my gut - this will be some undertaking as I like a drink and dislike exercise both in equal amounts. But I'm sick of seeing the baby-weight, so I'm feeling very much resolved on this. Wish me luck.
Hobby-wise, 2015 saw quite a lot of stuff get done, far more than I had first thought.
1. I worked on some Robotech Veritechs until the GM got bored and we stopped playing the rpg.
2. Got some 15mm Pioneers and their transports finished for my WW2 Canadians.
3. Almost got my WW2 Mid War North Africa British Motor Company fully painted. Almost.
4. Got started on my huge rpg miniatures backlog for my (still) upcoming roleplay campaign.
5. Also got me started painting more of the rpg miniatures once I picked up a copy of Frostgrave.
6. Started up a 15mm Confederates American Civil War project.
8. And did some Star Wars: Armada repaints.
All in all, not so bad at all really.
For 2016, I'm going to try and be a little more focused in order to finish up some of the above projects and buy (Wait for it.............................................) no more minis until I am done. Dun, dun duuuuuun!
Here are what I have planned for this year:
1. Bolt Action 28mm Soviets
a. 3x Infantry squads of at least 10 men each
b. Officer and sidekick
c. Sniper Team
e. Forward Arti Observer
f. AT Gun Team
g. 2” Mortar Team
h. Flame Thrower Team
i. MMG Team
j. Medium Mortar Team
k. ZIS-3 AT Gun team
l. BA64 Armoured Car
m. T34/85 Tank
2. Chain of Command 15mm British (I played this last year for the first time.)
a. Officer + Platoon Sgt
b. 3x Infantry squads (10 men each)
c. 2” Mortar Team
d. Piat AT Team
e. Artillery Observer
3. Dark Ages – Lion Rampant
a. 2x Viking Warriors (Bondi) Units (12 men each)
b. 2x Saxon Warriors (Ceorls) Units (12 men each)
c. 1x Saxon Slingers Unit (12 men)
4. American Civil War – Confederates 15mm
a. 5x Infantry Regiments (30 Men each)
5. Frostgrave 28mm fantasy skirmish
a. Finish up Enchanter Warband
b. Finish up Witch warband
c. Paint Elementalist and Apprentice
d. Paint Summoner and Apprentice
e. Paint 30+ remaining soldiers of various types
f. Paint worm, Giants, Wolves
6. Flames of War Commonwealth
a. Umpteen LW tanks
b. Two LW Artillery platoons + AOP plane
c. MW Desert Brits Motor Infantry platoon + trucks
d. MW outstanding Trucks and jeeps
e. Bunch of other random stuff that I’ll get to if the mood takes.
Also have all sorts of terrain pieces that will work with all of the above to get painted and a few to be purchased - though those won't count against my "No buying" limit. I'm also looking at my options to buy a new gaming mat as my current model train grass-paper is getting all messed up.
I think I'll maybe get ... some of this stuff completed during this year. The 28mm Bolt Action Soviets are my primary though for now, as Densmol has started working on his Germans for this game and I'm eager to start playing something new for WW2. And, we can't play with unpainted minis - it just isn't proper.
Cheers for reading and I promise there'll be pictures of painted things next post.