Some things:

My photo
I paint small metal and plastic figures and rarely get to play with them. But that is fine with me.

11 December 2017

Comrade! (Part 24 - Some More Soviet Veterans and a few other things)

These guys were staring at me with accusatory glares for being unfinished so I grabbed these three and got them off the painting queue. Pic is a bit naff, but I'll take better ones once the whole squad is finished. Two more and then I'll move on to those often talked about Winter Germans. Finally.

Also got this small pile of crates scatter terrain thing done. Wanted it to be useful for more than on game, hence it didn't get the Winter treatment. Found it in the bargain case at my LGS for a very reasonable price about a year ago.

Soviets are in this pic to give you an idea of scale.
Last, I based up and prepped this lot of random stuff. They are going to get sprayed with primer this evening - a random assortment of Games Workshop stuff including both old and new sculpts, a trio of barrels to at to my scatter terrain collection, a WW2 Winter German MG team, a herd of Dark Ages sheep, some books (On pins) for those bookshelves I showed off recently and a robo-thing on the far left that I took from one of my son's old action figure collection.

Cheers for looking. :)

04 December 2017

Winter Wonderland (Part 1 - Craters Redux and a Frosty Cabin)

This model is by Charlie Foxtrot models from their Eastern front range. I didn't want to go over the top on the Winter weathering as it's just gonna get messed up during games over time.

The craters also got a bit of a sprucing up and I think look far better than previous.

I still have 2 more small huts to build also by Charlie Foxtrot models , Some snowdrifts to carve out of Polystyrene and some Trees that need to be winterized & based along with a felt road that I'm going to add some snow effects to. All together, they should provide enough stuff to make for an interesting tables worth of stuff to play through.

27 November 2017

A Small Mind is Easily Filled with Faith

This is an Imperial Preacher for my long unloved Inquisimunda project. I'd previewed a WIP a while ago and hadn't touched him since until this weekend. Nice to get him off my paint desk.

He's a really cool characterful sculpt and will make a nice addition to my Inquisitor killteams for if/when I play Shadow War: Armageddon again.

Seeing this closeup, I realised I missed painting in the scars on his right cheek... Grr.

I also got my craters done (From Soviet Artillery) for my Snow Board that my WW2 Soviets and Germans will fight over. Just old CD's with tin foil glued on and spackle spread over that. Not amazing, but they'll do - though I think I'll add some more snow effect to create more of a contrast as looking at this pic, they look kind of bland right now. :/

Also started on some 3D printed rpg terrain I purchased ages ago. These shelves will have tiny books on them eventually.

Next up, who knows? :) Maybe some Winter Soviets, or another Carcharodon.

21 November 2017

Something Fishy (Part 5 - Carcharodon Primaris Reiver - Done!)

No WIP pics for this one. Managed to get him done in two extensive late-night sessions (And paying for that with extreme neck pain.).
Same recipe as the previous two. Tried to paint him up some Maori-style facial tattoo's and echo the design (Somewhat) on his chest and pauldron.
Fun fig to work on and after swearing up a storm whilst trying to paint (And re-paint) the tat', the rest of him went along smoothly.

As usual, these pics were taken pre-matt varnish, so he'll probably look lots better after it has dried. (He's currently languishing in the garage drying area)

Left to do on this project is one more Primaris and a solo Scout.

12 November 2017

Something Fishy (Part 4 - Carcharodon Primaris #2 Done!)

The second of my Carcharodon Primaris Lieutenants got finished up this weekend. Not happy at all with his free hand effort, but it'll have to do. I tried to replicate his tattoo design on the side of his helmet - it's close enough i think. Also his pauldron art has a similar design on the side of his gun. Again, not very happy but patience is not an infinite resource in my hobby room.
His chest armour and helmet are a different shade of grey from his arms and legs. Felt as he is supposed to be a leader that he'd perhaps be allowed a little artistic license with his own suit of armour whilst at the same time sticking with the chapter's scheme.
Next i think I'll tackle a Primaris Reiver.