Poor poor neglected blog. Has it been 2 months since I've seen to you? Well, I'm a firm believer that one should not attempt something if one's heart is not fully into it, so, I didn't. But I'm back again now and whilst there have been no hobby updates of late, there has been work done on the hobby front in general.
First off, I am painting furiously again for an upcoming Flames of War tournament on Sunday at ConQuestSac - 2000points of mainly armour (Max of 500 points able to be spent on other stuff.), so I've made a list from the Market Garden book, 11th Armoured that includes no fewer than ten 17pdr guns. German armour is going to die, hard. :) Along with a tank paint-fest for this, I've also finished up my 6 pdr platoon and Lloyd Carriers and a Hawker Typhoon. Pics to come very soon
Sad face all around as my Mum’s all too short visit from the UK is done with and she’s now in Las Vegas on the next leg of her journey. Good thing about Mum coming over though is that she usually brings some of my old minis that were stored in her loft! (Apparently there's still a bunch to send over - including a 1st Gen Leman Russ painted horribly, 1st Ed Dark Elf BB team and 2nd Ed Orc BB team and a bunch of other crap I haven't seen in yonks. But those are for another time.)
So here’s the haul:
1. My old Orlock gang and Necromunda Bounty Hunter. These will be useful for some Inquisimunda creations I have in mind.
2. Yes it’s true, your eyes do not deceive you….. for one reason or another, I bought Harlequins back when they were first released. *le sigh* I’ll probably shove these up on Ebay and see what I can get.
3. #2 of my Chainsaw Warriors… holy heck my painting was shite back then. Again, he’ll probably become part of some Inquisimunda project.
4. Something far more tasty – some old Chaos Thugs and Dwarves. These are some seriously cool and characterful minis. I might have to roll up a 2nd Chaos Warband and include them somehow!
5. Beastmen, Marauder on the left and early Citidel on the right, again, for potential future warband.
6. Drybrush city! I really liked this version of the Slaaneshi daemons. Not at all svelt and alluring as their current incarnation, maybe why I liked them so much? :)
7. Stupid Highelf mage. Another one for the Ebay slaughter…
8. Super cool orc model. Tres old and full of character. Excited to paint him up just for the hell of it.
9. The one fig I was most excited to find, I’ll strip this old Marauder Warrior and use him as my Chaos Champ in my current warband I think.
10. Some old school Citadel Norse fellows. I shall name them Cass, Thrasher, Erik and Snolb.
11. This fig was just a cool buy back when I found him in an old LGS. No idea who published the sculpt, but it is such a cool post apoc image, I’m dead excited to strip and repaint him.
12. Lastly, there were some ziplock bags of a tonne of bits, mostly RBT01 marines, but there’s a few hidden gems in there that I’ll look into at a later date. Most of this will be put together and sold on Ebay.