Some things:

My photo
I paint small metal and plastic figures and rarely get to play with them. But that is fine with me.

10 June 2021

Spoken like a true Furyan




 Another quick palette cleanser paint job after all those ww2 uniforms, here is the last homage mini from my Sedition Wars Kickstarter minis collection. 

This is Riddick the main character from the very cool sci-fi trilogy Pitch Black, Chronicles of Riddick and Riddick respectively. (Main character played by Vin Diesel)

Being all dressed in menacing black, only liberties I took with the scheme was to give him a very pale skin tone to better contrast with his dark outfit and to also give his goggles purple lenses (In the films it’s his eyes that are purple as he can see in the dark.). Blacks are thanks to a base of GW Black Templar Contrast paint, which I am very fond of as painting black is a pain in the rump at the best of times. (The pics don’t show the depth in the shade but… eh)


His base was painted up in the same scheme as the other Sedition Wars minis I painted earlier this year.

Next up, I have another surprise sculpt and the aforementioned (in my last post) ww2 Canadians. We will see what appeals most.


Stay well out there!


- Dai



16 comments:

  1. Wonderful work on Riddick Dai, great set of movies, and the cartoon was good to, hope Vin diesel still goes ahead with the TV series he was planning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave! I really hope he does too

      Delete
  2. That’s a fab character, Dai! You black treatment looks super.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jon! Used the same black on my next mini so you’ll see more of it soon

      Delete
  3. “Are you with me Kiera?”
    Haven’t seen those movies in a long time but they were fun viewing. Nice job. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too, but now I think about it, maybe it’s time for a rewatch? Thanks Stew

      Delete
  4. Looks very cool. Great job Dai!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff Dai! Really cool sculpt and pose too 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ivor. Yeah the fig is a decent one and thankfully unlike the others from that Kickstarter it’s details are nice and sharp and with no mold lines!

      Delete
  6. Great looking moody character!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yeah, I think this bloke has real issues being the last of his race and all. Cheers Iain

      Delete
  7. Lovely work on these character Dai!

    ReplyDelete