Some things:

My photo
I paint small metal and plastic figures and rarely get to play with them. But that is fine with me.

09 May 2019

The bride and groom

In my continuing effort to get enough painted for the Stalingrad event this Saturday at my LGS Ogre's Den in Orange Vale I got this pair finished up last night.



The bloke is the handler from the Warlord Games Soviet Bomb Dog blister and the gal next to him in the winter onesie is a lovely sculpt by Bad Squiddo Games. Both of these will help bolster up my SMG squads a little.



Next up is a large piece, a KV1 heavy tank. I'll actually be running it as a KV8 which is the version that sports a Flame Thrower as well as it's AT Gun. I figured that flame throwers would do a better job of shifting annoying Germans from behind rubble or on buildings. Wish me luck on getting this beast done on time!

20 comments:

  1. Good pair of additions for your game. I look forward to seeing the KV1 and a battle report from your weekend exploits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheer Jonathan. There'll be a report post event for sure!

      Delete
  2. Both are great looking additions Dai, and hope you get your tank done in time, the flamethrower should be very useful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed I will have it done by the end of today, or at the very least early morning tomorrow! LOL Nothing like leaving stuff to last minute.

      Delete
    2. Been there ! LOL Finished a dragon for a show two hours before setting off !

      Delete
  3. Lovely pair of Soviets! Best of luck with the KV1 and have fun at the event!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the tank!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I'm hoping it'll come out good. Winter white per photos I've seen seemed prevalent and will fit in with the Winter theme of my Soviets so I'm going with that.

      Delete
  6. Thanks again Michal! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done. Now stop responding to comments and paint that tank!
    Watch it get blown up on the first turn...😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting off work early today, so I'll have this afternoon and whatever's left of the morning prior to heading to the event to get it done! :)

      Delete
  8. What a lovely couple they make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. War really does bring people together - and not just to blow up eachother! :)

      Delete
  9. Lovely job in them both mate. Nice to see the Bad Squiddo gals mix in nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon. I like the sculpts and it was a great chance to add some ladies into the mix.

      Delete