Some things:

My photo
I paint small metal and plastic figures and rarely get to play with them. But that is fine with me.

04 December 2017

Winter Wonderland (Part 1 - Craters Redux and a Frosty Cabin)

This model is by Charlie Foxtrot models from their Eastern front range. I didn't want to go over the top on the Winter weathering as it's just gonna get messed up during games over time.

The craters also got a bit of a sprucing up and I think look far better than previous.

I still have 2 more small huts to build also by Charlie Foxtrot models , Some snowdrifts to carve out of Polystyrene and some Trees that need to be winterized & based along with a felt road that I'm going to add some snow effects to. All together, they should provide enough stuff to make for an interesting tables worth of stuff to play through.



23 comments:

  1. Craters have turned out well and nice huts, I guess I'll have to do some slightly snowy terrain once I've got my soviets done, I've got to go at least a bit snowy!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain.
      I think every Soviet project should involve at least a light dusting. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice additions to what has fast become the definitive Soviet WW2 Winter blog, imho :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O my goodness, This flattery.... Thankyou Simon, everso much.

      Delete
  3. That's a great effect, man - Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look absolutely brilliant! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb work! I can feel the chill wind from here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks Michael. It surely would be a miserable season to wage war in.

      Delete
  6. Great terrain my friend! This project is gonna be awesome when it’s all on the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited to see how it'll all turn out. Thanks Stew!

      Delete
  7. Hi Dai,
    I think maybe it should be you doing a book on winter terrain, looks spot on.


    I came back on your blog as I am going through the list notifying those who have shown an interest in my book to send an email to kerstinsmith1234@gmail.com if they still want to order. If you have already done this, then just ignore me.

    Cheers,

    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, you are too kind. Thanks mate.

      (Will be getting your book with a friend so we can split the shipping cost. Thanks for the heads up!)

      Delete
  8. Those buildings look smashing, mate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hut looks stunning. Less is certainly more in this case! Looking forward to seeing all the other winter themed terrain pieces your working on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. Hope to have some new additions to show off soon.

      Delete