Still, I managed to get a little paint slapped on a few minis last night as you’ll see below.
*please forgive the photos – I have run out of Testors Dulcote, so the minis below are still awaiting flat varnish and some nice moisture-free daylight pics! (Go away rain)*
First is my first go at painting WW2 German uniforms for my Bolt Action Winter 1944 Eastfront project. He’s not perfect by any means, but he’ll do just fine for gaming and will match up well against my already previewed Winter Soviets.
|I painstakingly researched all the correct colours for late war Winter German uniforms. Then promptly lost all my notes... -__- So pretty much painted all of this in whichever colours I thought looked cool and seemed at least somewhat appropriate.|
Next up are another pair of zombies for my contemporary setting. Once again, these were painted very simply – prime, base, wash and a slight highlight here and there. Have to say I really like these plastic kits – lots of well sculpted detail allowing for different racial make-ups, etc. My only complaint would be that there are not enough fat zombies – how am I supposed to represent Zombified Contemporary America with only skinny undead???
|Can't see it very well in these pics, but the chap on the left seems to have been eviscerated in some fashion, whilst the lady on the right is waving what looks to be a Fibia in front of her.|
(Along with my Undead, I've also begun painting the Sarissa Precision mdf buildings that came with the Project-Z "Lock and Load" set. Only base coating so far, but these well designed pieces should add immeasurably to my games once done. No pics at this stage as there's still a long way to go on them.)
After I finished up the zombies, I got working on yet a different project, my Bolt Action Early War Commandos. These two will be my Lieutenant and Adjutant. Just WIP pics right now, but they are coming along very nicely and this is the first time I've attempted to paint a Denison Smock. Camo in general intimidates me, especially when it's historically based, so one should at least attempt to paint the scheme as close to records as one is able. Am hoping after some simple highlights and pictures in some far less harsh lighting that it'll stand out a bit more.