This is a well. Not all that exciting. Just a well, but it'll add some more character to my WW2 East Front setups and something else for opposing forces to hid behind. It'll get "Winterizing" along with my other finished pieces.
![]() |
| I'd originally planned to add a little length of paperclip to act as rope dropping into the well's depths, but time wasn't on my side so that might have to be done at a later date. |
Along with the above, I worked on this fiddly bugger. Each of the wooden barrels were individual 3D prints and I decided they'd make better as a based in-game objective or just scatter terrain, setting dependent. To that end, this piece will be based with a "neutral" grassy, non-winter theme so it'll fit more games. It took way longer to paint than anticipated with all those "iron hoops" banding each barrel, but I'm glad it's done; just needs a flat coat varnish and some grassy effects added.
On the table is another East Front 3D printed house and the remainder of my Fidwog Quar figs (That I'm determined to get finished before the imminent release of the new Starter Set next month.).
Hope all are safe and well out there and prayers to those poor souls in Nepal and Tibet.
- Dai




Fantastic well and barrels Dai, both look fantastic as is before additional basing, good call leaving off the snow, to make them more useful, plus if they were heavy footfall areas they wouldn't have much snow left any rate.
ReplyDeleteFor the rope you could always use a piece of cotton glued into place, you can get them in a relevant color, plus will have the relevant texture for rope in that scale.
Cheers Dave. Just trying to be sure I have a somewhat respectable entry into the Season of Scenery challenge for once. :)
DeleteYou're right about the cotton. I'll have to see if my wife has a sewing kit I can pillage.
That's a great looking well Dai and one that would be pretty simple to copy for a scratch build, I would say .....might have a look at doing that!
ReplyDeleteI recently painted a bunch of 3D printed oil drums and barrels too - they do take a bit more that you would expect in terms of painting!
Thanks Keith and I'm glad I'm not the only one with furrowed brow as I painted the blasted things.
DeleteNice work, Dai! Love the barrels. Your well adds a lot of depth.
ReplyDeleteCheers Jon. Just simple additions to the collection really, but it's small details like these that make a table look more interesting I think.
DeleteLovely job there Dai. Paperclip for the rope….brilliant idea.
ReplyDeleteThanks matey. It's a simple solution - haven't done it yet tho. LOL
DeleteThat's a great bit of kit, Dai!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ray. It'll look lots better once it gets the snow treatment.
DeleteWell, that's a good looking well. And I've been there with barrels before haha, it's the worst.
ReplyDeleteThanks mate. They really were annoying, but I'm glad they are off the queue now.
DeleteThis is nice! I like the well a lot, it turned out really good!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad it's off the paint queue. Nice print that didn't take a huge amount of time to get done. Thanks Suber
Delete